Integrating Active Protection Systems in the Current and Next Generation Ground Combat Vehicles to Increase Protection Against Anti-Tank Weapon System
Colonel Kevin Vanyo, Military Deputy to Director of TARDEC and PM of Emerging Capabilities US Army discusses:
- Off the shelf APS systems under consideration by the military
- Advantages of MAPS over APS
- Military’s acquisition goals for equipping GCVs with APS
What Organizational Design Changes can be Enacted in the Near, Mid, And Far-Terms Which Will Close or Mitigate Capability Gaps?
Major General Robert Dyess, Commanding General, ARCIC-US ARMY discusses:
- What challenges does the military face in its GCV modernization efforts?
- Which elements of the military research and acquisition practices require change?
- Improvement of research and acquisition through better practices
U.S. Military’s Short Term and Long Term Strategic Plan In Modernizing its Fleet of Stryker Vehicles to Increase Their Protection and Lethality
- Increasing protection through APS and MAPS
- Reviewing potential integration of next generation weapons to increase the lethality of Stryker
- Future acquisition goals for the Stryker Brigade
Presentation by Colonel Glenn Dean, Program Manager, Stryker Brigade Combat Team US Army
Diplomatic and geopolitical activity in the past year has been turbulent.
Among the factors that have made the biggest impact on the armoured vehicles market is the widespread sense of instability and unpredictability when it comes to knowing the type and pace of combat operations in the coming years.
This edition of Defence IQ’s annual Global Armoured Vehicles Market Report analyses the latest survey data - in the face of fluctuating economies and an unpredictable operational environment, the market appears to remain in a period of growth.
For further insights, download the full report.
Land power is indispensable to achieve strategic objectives on the ground. The battlefield is changing and new threats and enemies are emerging, creating new procurement requirements and challenges for armed forces and the armoured vehicle community needs to adapt to this evolution. In this exclusive interview from this year's Chairman, Sir General Adrian Bradshaw, KCB, OBE, Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe (2014-2017), discover what he thinks of how armoured vehicles fit into the balance of land capabilities, how strategic trends are shaping future requirements and what tools the community has to adapt to a constantly changing battlefield.
Do you want to increase your exposure onsite and pre event?